The Poetry Network
Code Of Conduct:
- Always treat others with kindness and respect, even if you don’t agree with them.
- Stay on topic, don’t intentionally derail discussions, don’t troll, don’t spam.
- Use appropriate language.
- Do not intentionally insult or offend others.
- We don’t tolerate hate speech, intimidation, harassment, sexual, racial, or ethnic slurs, and discrimination.
We will not tolerate :
- Abuse or encouraging abuse of the bot and the “report to admin” mechanism
- Posting your own as well as other people’s personally identifiable information (i.e. name, address, email, phone number, place of work, etc.).
- Posting links to phishing sites, malware, spyware or groups not belonging to pickmeuppoetry.org
- Impersonating group moderators, administrators, Pick Me Up Poetry staff or other users.
- Spamming, bashing, flaming, trolling, or abusing other users
- Posting something that is knowingly false.
- Hijacking or posting messages that are unrelated to the original topic and make it difficult for others to follow the discussion.
- Posting pornography, inappropriate or offensive content, and things that are generally considered not suitable for work.
- Threats of violence, harassment or privacy breach – even as a joke.
- Using a third party’s intellectual property (full or partial scans of articles, books, full transcriptions of articles, etc.) unless you have permission to do so.
- Selling, advertising, referrals, auctioning unless it is in a group specifically for this purpose
- Use of language that is abusive, vulgar, hateful, defamatory, obscene, profane, threatening, privacy-invasive, or law-violating.
- Encouraging anyone else to break these rules.
- Taking any other actions that are deemed inappropriate by the admins (at our sole discretion).
Groups are not to be joined to invite people to other groups or platforms
This includes, but is not limited to, the following actions:
- Leaving your credentials (posting your number in a group). This is a serious security concern, and it reduces the activity in the groups.
- Joining a group and giving a link to any other group. People sharing group links are undermining the student ecosystem we have created!
- Asking in a group if a anyone can add you to a group
- Sending a message with only your phone number
- Sending a message asking to be added to a group
- Asking to create a study group
- Asking for people who live in the same area as you to contact you
Basically any action that will result in being added to a different platform. These actions can result in a ban – potentially without prior warning
We do not prohibit you from using Telegram and WhatsApp. Find the WhatsApp groups using different methods (this is the main issue here), not using Telegram.
No spam allowed
Spam in this context will be defined as ANYTHING not directly topic related. For example:
- Chain messages (“SEND THIS TO 5 GROUPS”)
- Advertisements (“CHECK OUT MY …”, “I am selling…”)
Speak English Only
Please not that we are an international organisation with members from all around the world. Let us correspond in English for the sake of inclusivity.
Breaking The Rules
- Will get you banned from either the group or from all our groups depending on the severity of the offense
- We reserve the right to delete any message that we feel breaks any of the rules
- If you are confused about any particular action taken that involves you, please contact us.
- Depending on your transgressions, this might be a ban from just one group or from all groups. Please don’t force us to do this!
The Admins reserve the right to remove any member at their own discretion
We do not condone the sharing of copyrighted materials
- In order to attain access to the google drives repositories, you MUST be an active member of the particular Telegram or Facebook group
The role of admins
The role of the admin is to maintain order. Not to be a subject matter expert.
- There are some admins, who grow groups, encourage collaboration and are experts in a subject. This is not a role of the admin, however they are being a great example.
Why we are phasing out WhatsApp?
This very community used to be run in WhatsApp, and over time the admins came aware of a few limitations:
- WhatsApp: Groups are limited to 255 members
Telegram: Has a limit of 200,000 members
- WhatsApp: No access to chat history
Telegram: you can see chat history
- WhatsApp: Have to repeatedly ask people to “please share …”
Telegram: All files shared before you joined are available
- WhatsApp: Limited Security, not possible/difficult to ban a user in all groups
Telegram: Better security for the groups. Rogue elements can be removed and banned from all the groups
- WhatsApp: Sharing your personal number – spam SMSs & unwanted calls
Telegram: Better security for you, no need to share your phone number
- WhatsApp: You have to wait for people to add you to groups… eventually
Telegram: We have a bot, that you can use to search and join all the groups you want, by yourself, instantly
With this in mind, the admins decided it is time to make a change. There are ups and downs, Telegram is not perfect. But it sure is a lot better. All these changes took months and many hours of work. To allow for a smooth transition, we have decided to keep the WhatsApp group open indefinitely, with plans to switch to Telegram permanently very soon.
Copywriting is an essential aspect of content marketing and can be challenging to master. Copywriters have many tools at their disposal, but knowing which ones